In this Blog, we note what Artists have to say about the Starving Artist, and if this Statement Helps or Hurts, their Art Practice, and Art Success. I will be posting Two paintings; I have made for this Blog. The Paintings are different, yet Similar to each other.
What is an Artist? –An Artist is a person who Practices or Performs Art. The term describes Visual artists. This can be applied to many other Types of Creative People. The Definition of Artist is used widely. Whether you work on a Painting, sculpture, or musical composition. An individual can be Classified, as an Artist. An Artist creates work for their Own pleasure. Other artists, make Art for Society’s satisfaction. (In the, http://www.njai.org/what-is-an-artist/)
Some Important Questions to ask About Being an Artist.
- Is it a Good idea in the 2000’s, to be an Artist? –The article-Art in America, say’s, Fame as we know, is always Changing. The Artist, who end up in History books, are the Artist, who keep doing what, they Want to do. Even after the applause disappears, because preferences are always, changing. Then sometime, it Comes Back into Fame. (In, The Art in America, Magazine)
- What can an Artist Earn? –In the Artists Salary’s in Australia, In 2.8.2022. the Average salary for an Artist is $93,373 Per year. In Australia for The, 39 Artists that Reported their Art income. Which Are the Highest paid Locations, in Australia, for Artists?
- Surry hills, NSW
- Kew, Victoria
- Quean Beyan, NSW
- Parramatta, NSW
- Sydney NSW
The Similar Art professions in Australia, Designer, Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Art Director, 3D Artist, and The Concept Artist.
- What is the Best and Easiest way to Start as an Artist? –https://www.artbusinessinfo.com The Artists who make a Commitment, to their Art, by being a True Artist, turn up to Art create, Each and Every day. Make the Art, and then Sell their Art. Most important, is to Just make a Start, At Art creating.
- Are there Starving Artists or What? –Ashley ‘Smash’ Gallagher (In the article, Grey Journal, says in the Final paragraph of the article, that its True the Life of an Artist is like Gambling, you Never know? It is the Hustle in each Artist, that makes their Stories Unique and Worth telling. Continuing to say, that it is What we make of our Art situation, and the Actions we Take, that Individually, make our Future as a Successful Artist or Not. Gallagher says, Seize the Opportunity and Try different Opportunities as they Present. Gallagher says, to Keep doing Your Art and To Never, Ever Give up.
In the Forbes Women, Article by Celine Da Costa, says What you should Do to avoid being a Starving Artist?
- Do not Demonize, Commercial work, because there are A hundred, thousands of Artists, in Art expressions, who have Managed to Keep their Unique, Expression despite, Producing content for the Masses.
- Focus on the Bigger picture–to Avoid being a Starving Artist. You must Grow your Exposure, like an Entrepreneur, who grow, Their influence, You need to Market Yourself, Your Product, Build Connections and Plan for Better things to come, in the Near future.
- Get used to Dealing with Rejection, as an Artist. You need to Accept Rejections as a Part of the Art, Process. You need to Expose, Yourself to A lot, of Newer Opportunities.
Persistence is One Key trait, of All artists. Take Feedback, and Work towards, Improving Your Art creations.
You know that Art, is Subjective, and so is Your appeal, because you Cannot please Everyone, in the Real World. Do Dismiss, all your Existing beliefs and, Create A New World for Yourself.
Does the Idea of Starving Artist, Help or Hurt the Artist? –Six, Artists, opinions.
- Discourages pursuits–Hurts, if your Industry is Not seen as Adding to the Economy, You and Artists, are Ignored. Dawn E
- I think the Statement, Stops Young artists, when they Think they Will Struggle Financially. It makes a lot of Potential creatives Give up on their dreams. Brooke R
- Interesting? –Not sure, if it Hurts or Helps, I think it Expresses, the Struggles, an Artist Can face.
An Older Label
- In general, labels Are Bad, forcing you into a Slot, that May feel good, at first, Then Eventually, it Inhibits. Kimberly S
Answer To No One
- I guess, it is the Price we pay, for Answering only to Ourselves, and No one else. Daniel T
- Hurts. Art is considered, not a Real job. People assume, that all Artists are losers. Its Degrading. Tracey D
- Hurts. People Discount the Talent, Skill and time to Produce an Art Creation. People feel they Should not pay, for the Time and Value, of the Art creation? Wendy W
The Well-Fed Artist
- The Artist needs to Read, helpful Articles about Developing strategies to Sell and Create, a Successful Art Business.
- The Artist, needs to Embrace the Art business. How to make the Art business and How to Market their Art creations. In order to be Art creative, and how to make Money from Art sales, so he can, Live and Enjoy, His Art created life.
The following Two Paintings, are Different, yet Similar because, they are both of a Nature, and Natural Scene. The first Painting is A Religious Worship, Temple on the Mountain. The Second Painting is of A Stream on a Mountain. Both Paintings are made on Acid free, Watercolor Paper. Mixed Media, Colorful Paintings, made in Silver Matt, Mont Marte Acrylic Paints. The Paintings are Completed Using, Fine liner Marker.
Worship Temple, on the Mountain. Mixed Media. Marie. Crimi. 2022…
A Stream in the Mountain. Mixed Media. Marie. Crimi. 2022…
The following are a Few Websites to check out, on Strategies to develop, to be A Successful Artist.
- How to become a Successful Artist in 2000, https://www.the collector.com/
- 9 Things you should Give up, to be A Successful Artist
- 12 Steps to become A Successful Artist/ Job monkey.com
- 10 Things each Artist should do Before 10.am/ Artwork Archive
- 7 Steps to becoming a Full-time Artist–Lifehack
- How to become an Artist Without going to Art School– Proactive Creator
To conclude this Blog, Does the idea of the Starving Artist, Help or Hurt the Artist. In our past experience we could say Yes, this idea was for the Past, it seems Now we have Moved past that Observation, Being of The Starving Artist. We have, Newer ways to make Our Art careers flourish, by Marketing, Ourselves, and putting Our Art out in the World. On many, Of the Social and Media platforms. We can also be Around Positive People, who can make our Art Career choice, become a Great Art Reality, for us as Artists.
In today’s Economy, all is possible, if we Aim to Succeed, because the Opportunities are Too many. We All have the Opportunity, to choose Our Circumstances, Lives, and Destinies.
Thanky for visiting this Blog today, I hope You found it Educational and Helpful. Remember if You liked, to Like and Share, Thanky. See You All Next Blog, Remember to Social Distance and Stay Safe and Happy.
I Am creationsbymariec.art artcreationsbymariec.art etsy.com/artpaperdesignsmarie
Worship Temple, on the Mountain
a4, mixed media, painting. made on acid free, watercolour paper. Colorful Acrylics and completed in Fine liner marker.
A Steam in the Mountains
a4, mixed media, painting, made on acid free, watercolor paper. made in acrylic, colorful paints and completed in Fine liner marker.
You must be logged in to post a comment.