In this Blog I research what is Art Illustration, and if Illustration Art actually, exists. If, Illustration Art exists, does it have any worth in Our World Societies. If Yes, what are the other Specializations and names?, that exist in reference to Art Illustration, and are these names Common or Knowledgeable for this area of Art Creating?. This then leads to, how are these types of Art made, and for What and why? To end this discussion, I try to give my version of this Art Illustration, understanding, at the Conclusion of this Blog.
I have included in this Blog, my attempts at my version of Art Illustrations, which is my expression as to the first meaning, I have of Art Illustration. Which is that it is an interpretation of what I see visually, that could easily be used in a book or magazine, to Educate or explain a Concept or a process, to the viewing public, through this particular media, which is the paintings I have Art Created.
Illustration Meaning–An illustration is a decoration, interpretation, or visual explanation of a text concept or process, designed for integration in the published media, such as in posters, flyers, magazines, books, teaching materials, animations video games, and in films. (in Wikipedia–free encyclopedia)
Does illustration mean Art?–Contemporary illustration, uses a wide range of styles and techniques, including drawing, painting, print-making, collage, montage, digital design, multi-media, 3D modelling. Most illustrators work on a freelance basis. Historically, the art of illustration, is linked to the industrial processes, of printing and publishing. In the Art world, illustration is considered, less important then Graphic design and Fine art.
The following paintings, are the completed version of my Illustration–Art Creations attempt. In the butterfly painting, I have used, Brush Markers, Faber Castells and used Fine Liner Black Sharpie–Marker to outline the painting. For the Tulips painting I used, Faber Castell Water colour pencils, and outlined to complete the painting, in Fine Liner Black Sharpie–Marker. The Stages for all of the completed paintings, follow under the main paintings, with explanations of the Mediums used. My style is Impressionist–Realist, and my favourite technique is, Mixed Media Collage.
Spring has Arrived. Mixed Media Collage. By Marie. Crimi. 2019.
Tulips, Tulips, Calore. Mixed Media Collage. By Marie. Crimi. 2019.
The following stage is the pre-completion stage. I have painted over the collage, a wash of Acrylics, in the Tulip Painting, colours, Rose madder mixed with Titanium white–in Matte colours. In this photo, the true colour used, does not show up, in the true hue colour. In the next painting, of the Butterfly, the colours used for the wash, also in Acrylics, are the Cadmium yellow and a littlest of the Raw umber–in Matte colours.
In the initial paintings below, I tried a different method for preparing the initial collage. Firstly I drew, the pictures, and then I cut out shapes in, coloured Creative Card Stock, Acid free, and then glued, the coloured shape cut outs, around the drawing, randomly.
The below painting are another attempt at, Illustration-Creative Art by me. The title to the paintings, follow below. The stages in the paintings, are exactly the same as has been described in the above, explanations. Only the mediums I used to colour in the paintings are, for the Pumpkins, I used Coloured Pencils, Classic 24, by Faber Castell. I outlined the painting with a Fine Liner Black–Sharpie Marker to complete the painting. For the My Favourite, I used Gel Pens–120, and Glitter pens–120, by Tanmit. I used Fine Liner Black–Sharpie Marker, to outline the painting.
Autumn and Pumpkins, Yes. Mixed Media Collage. Marie. Crimi. 2019.
My Favourites, Pineapple, Apricot, Banana. Mixed Media Collage. Marie. Crimi. 2019.
- Paint Markers. https://www.amazon.com, Brush-tip-Markers?
- Arteza Real Brush Pens.
- Watercolour Pencils. https://www.amazon.com,water-colour-pencils?
- Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer WC pencils, set of five.
- Colour Pencils. https://www.amazon.com,colour pencils?
- Faber Castell Premium Colour Pencils, 60 colours.
- Gel Pens. https://www.amazon.com/art-gel-pens?
- Illustration styles–Depending on the purpose—illustration maybe, expressive, stylised, realistic, or Highly technical, and a Scientific Illustration.
- Illustration Images–Technical and Scientific Illustration, communicates information of a technical or scientific nature, which is all designed to describe or explain subjects to the non technical audience. Providing an overall impression, of what an object, is or does. This all enhances, the viewers interest and understanding.
- Illustration of Fine art–In the art world has been considered, of less importance, than in the area of Graphic design-Specialisation. In today’s Social society, the growth, of the Graphic novel and Videogame industries, alongside with the growth of the illustrating in magazines and other publications. Illustration is now a valued art form, capable of contributing in the whole of the Global, market sphere. Recently, Original Illustrations, have attracted High prices at Auction.
- Illustration software–In contemporary illustration practice, 2D, 3D Software is often used to create an accurate representation, that can be easily updated, and reused in a variety of contexts.
Communication Design–Is the Area in which the Media intermission, such as in human interaction, print, and digital pieces of work communicate with people. Their main concern, is also the creation of new media channels, to ensure that the message, reaches their target audience. The Software and Applications create the opportunities for, and can also place, constraints on the communication processes.
A Graphic designer–Is a professional within the Graphic design and Graphic arts industry, who assembles the images, typography, or motion graphics, to create a piece of graphic design. Graphic designers also create the graphics, for published, printed or electronic media, such as brochures and in advertising. Mostly, Graphic designers, are responsible for the Typesetting, illustration, user interfaces, and the Web design. The main responsibility of the Graphic designer, is to present the information, in a way that is Accessible and Memorable, in our Societies.
- Illustration Education and Job description–A Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate from an Accredited Trade school, is essential for a Graphic design position. After a career history has been established, the Graphic designer’s experience, and the number of years in the business, are the primary qualifications. A Port folio demonstrates those qualifications, which is shown at job interviews, which after, is then further developed, in the Graphic designers, Future– Art Career.
Graphic Design, Job Requirements–Current Graphic Design jobs demand proficiency in one or more Graphic design Software programs. A common software package used, is the Abode Creative Cloud. This software package contains the Three main programs used by Graphic designers, which are Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. These are the industry standard applications, for many Graphic designer positions. Another software package is CorelDraw, or the QuarkXPress…
Specifically, the Graphic designer will, type or Import the text into the layout program, also importing the Graphics and Images, they created in Photoshop or Illustrator.
The Reason Why? the Graphic designer builds a layout in this Way?.
For Your Education and Personal Knowledge?
Files which go to press, are printed at 300 dots per inch. As a result the file size can be very large, by using a Layout program and linking these Graphics and Images, and by not saving all the information in One file, the working file is only a Fraction, of the File size. Note: When the designer is ready to go to press he/she will either, create a press-ready PDF, or use the Package function, in The InDesign, or the Collect For Out put–function in the QuarkXPress or CorelDraw, which gathers the Lay out document. With all the Fonts, Images used within, and Saves them in one folder, which can then be provided to a Commercial Printing Company, for the Final output.
- InDesign, CorelDraw, or QuarkXPress, make it all possible to work, with large multiple page layouts, such as Catalogs and Booklets.
- Since InDesign, CorelDraw, and QuarkXPress, the original file, links to the Graphics and Images. The Graphic designer, can change the original file, and it will update all instances through out, the document to Save time.
Outside the Graphic Design Industry–Many people use Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher, to Create a layout or design.
- The Word processor, features Templates, Image formats, WordArt, Macros, Bullets and Numbering, Auto Summarize, Password protection. The Reception, in 1984, concluded that the system had more Limitations, than Benefits. In 2019, Word 2019, 16.0 Version, included in Office 2019, Is the Current Stable Version.
- The Microsoft Publisher is an entry level Desk top publishing application, from Microsoft, its emphasis is placed on Page layout and Design, rather then Text composition and proofing. Easy to use, and a less expensive alternative, where firms do not have a dedicated Design professional, to make The Marketing, materials and other documents. Microsoft Publisher 2019, (Version 16.0) was, Released on September 24, 2018, The Editions, of The Microsoft Office are included, in The Professional and Professional Plus, Standard (volume licensing), In all of, The Office–365 Editions.
Web Searches for Illustration, Graphic Design and Communication Design
- https://www.Association of Illustrators.com
- https://www.Society of Illustrators.com
- https://www.Communication Designers.com
- https://www.Graphic Designers.com
Texts on Illustration, Graphic Design and Communication Design
- Design for Communication. https://www.amazon.com/Design-Communication-Conceptual-Graphic
- Communication Design: Graphic Design: Illustration Design. https://www.vgu.ac.uk/study/courses/453-ba-hons-communication
- Graphic Design as Communication-amazon.com
- Message Communication Arts Research: Mapping. This has it all. https://www.amazon.com>Books>Art&Photography>Graphic-Design
In conclusion to this research on Art Illustration, I think we can safely say that whether you refer to Art Illustration, Communication Art or Graphic Design, as Specialisations, which all have one common denominator, in that it is all A Creative Endeavour, to produce Pictures, Words, to convey information or explanations, for society, to use for Educational or Commerce reasons. The point of difference is, that there are many, Software Packages, that are Specialised, in there own particular way. The Art Illustrator, uses a number of Software and Packages, and The Graphic Designer uses, Complicated, high professional, and volume delivering Software, so that they can Accomplish more in less time. It also seems to me, that whatever situation the Art Creator is in, the Software and Packages All deliver, Professional and high volumes of Output for the Graphic Designer and Art Illustrator. Most Highly all this amazing Art Production, can reach All Society’s Members, in little time and in many different ways.
Thank you for visiting my Blog, and for Liking My Blog, on Art Illustration and My Art Creations too… If you have any questions or anything to say, please, please…get in touch with me. If you have anything you would like me to research, please be in touch.
I am, creationsbymariec.art