In this Blog, How to Turn Photography Into Illustration, I find out how this Action is Made. I mention how to do Photography and Why, this is important in the Art Creating, Illustration part of Photography. We note if this Art Style is Valuable to Society, and Why. I mention the Computer Art Professional, Cindy Kang, to see what her thoughts, are on this Art Style. I attempt my Version, of Photography into Illustration, Using The Traditional Method. Using My Style, The Impressionist Realist, which is my Unique way of Making Art Creations.
What is Photography Illustration–It Is using Photos to Illustrate an Action, Story or Item. Which are then Better presented, by Adding some form of Visualization. Photos fulfill, better than the Alternative methods, such as Drawings or Paintings.
In the, https://varis.com/2014/07/01/, What is a Photo illustration, says that the Term Photo Illustration has a specific meaning, in the World of The Commercial Photography. It means any Photo is designed to Tell a Story or To Illustrate a Concept. Most Advertising photograph, comes under this Category…
How to Do Photography– Method 1 of 3:
- Gather Basic Equipment choose a Camera according to Your Comfort level.
- Take Great Photographs. Photographic Things that Inspire You.
- Transition to a Photography Career. Play with The Different Styles of Photography.
3 Ways to Start doing Photography-wikihow. http://www.wikiHow.com/Start-Doing-Photography
What is Illustrator Software?–Software that can Help you To do Illustrations Quick and Efficiently. The Illustration could be a Logo, a Work of art, Sketches, or an Illustration of a Website with Their pages.
6 Best Illustration Software. Free. https: http://www.downloadcloud.com/illustration-software.html
Another Best Illustration Software?–Is–10 Best Drawing and Illustration software-systweak software blogs. https://www.systweak.com/10-best-drawing-illustration-software/
How to turn Photography into Illustration
The following article is from The Creative bloq. It is all the Information, you need to Inspire you to Turn a Photograph, into your Next Unique Art creation. ( By Cindy Kang, Computer Arts ) September 22, 2020… Kang says the best way to Turn Photography into Illustration, is a Way to, Open UP, A World of Possibilities, for all Your Art Creative Works.
Sometimes you will Sit in Front of a Blank Canvas, and have No Idea how to Start. Cindy Kang, says take Photographs, you Have on your Phone, Laptops, and Look through, these Photos. Photos can give you Ideas, towards Creating an Art Illustration. This initial Visualizing is the Initial idea, that Adds the Finishing touches, to Your Art Creation, at Completion stage.
The Two Paintings which Follow, are My Interpretation of Photography to Illustraion Art Creating. I have made the Paintings in the Traditional Method, in My Unique Style and Technique Use.
Like usual, I did a Search on the Internet, for Free Photo Stock, for Buildings. I chose for the First Painting, for the Background, the Eiffel Tower, Paris. For the Illustration Part, I searched, Free Photo Stock, People, in order to Place over the Photo, of the Building. I came up with a Person’s Hands in the Formation of A Heart. I thought Excellent, Perfect for Paris, the City of Love. Remember I did not use the Illustration Software, that Kanga Talks about, in Her Article, presented to You in This Blog. No I did the Traditional Way, I drew the Background first, and Coloured in the Background, of the Building and the Sky, Trees, with Acrylic Paints. Then I Completed the Illustration, with Watercolours.
Hearts in Paris. Mixed Media. Marie. Crimi. 2021…
Hearts In Paris. 2021…
A4, Original, Painting made on Acid Free, Watercolour Creatives Paper. Media Used Monte Marte, Acrylic Paints and Creatives WaterColours Completed with Sharpie Fine Marker
In This Painting, I chose Venice, from Free Photo Stock, for the Buildings, Paintings Background. I searched, Free Photo Stock, People for the Top Layer for Illustration. I decided to Use this Model, holding a Ball of the World, I thought so Appropriate to Venice, which is the City of Sighs. The Background was Coloured in Acrylics and the Model was Coloured in Watercolours. Even Though the Traditional Method I used in Both Paintings, is not Realistic, but Impressionist, which is My Unique Style of Art Creating, the Artists Version. Not Kanga’s, Commercial Digital Version. Using the Photograph, onto Photo Shop Software, and then for Her Illustration method, would draw or Reimagine A Drawing or Place a Surreal Photo, over the Background. Whereas Her Work would be Classed as Commercial Art, and Used for Marketing Purposes, in Brochures and In, So many other, Commercial, Adds too.
My Art Work is Traditional, and the Artists Way, in My Style, Impressionist Realist?
Dreaming in Venice. Mixed Media. Marie. Crimi. 2021…
Dreaming In Venice. 2021…
A4, Original Painting. made on Acid Free, Creatives Watercolour Paper. Media used, Monte Marte, Acrylics, and Creatives Watercolours. Completed Sharpie Fine Marker.
The Eight Steps to Create Photographs, into Illustration.
- Collect pictures-( Photos ) as a Habit. Kang says, you do not need an Expensive Camera or Smartphone. The Photo does not Need to be a Master piece, its for Reference. Take Photos of Buildings, Sunsets, or Random Objects. Keeping photos, Captures, Experiences and Memories in a Visual Form. When you look at These Photos, It Brings back the Moment, and these Can lead you to New and Exciting Ideas, for Your Newer Art Creations.
- https://www.beginner photographypodcast.com
- 40 Tips too Take Better Photos. https://petapixel.com
- 20 Effective ways to Learn Photography. https://www.canva.com//learn
- Muse on Idea and Themes–A Photo contains a Range of information, not Only limited too, Day, Weather and Location. We can guess the Relationship, between People and even their Emotions. We can Envision a Fun Story, that is Already in the Picture.
- Test Composition–Working from the Photograph, helps us Test the Composition, before we Move, onto the Next stage, ( The sketch stage ). You can Zoom In and Out, Crop, the Photo, to find the Best formation. With a Good Reference photo, you can easily Figure out, how best to Compose the Illustration. From this Edited photography, you are Ready to Develop a sketch.
- Inject Imagination–Drawing in Your Style you then, add some Imaginary elements and the Story in the Illustration comes Alive. Remember Pure Imagination serves as a way for Expression, for the Ideas, that you Aim to Portray through Your Illustration Art Creations…
- Be Inspired by Colour–The colours in Photographs can be used Directly in your Art Creations. You can also, Edit the Colours to fit the Tones, and Warmth of the Mood, That you need to Create in the Art Illustration.
- Add Light and Shadow–At the end of the Illustrating process, I look to find the Light and the Shadows shapes…The shadows have a Visual impact, on the Atmosphere of A Composition… It is the Light and shadows, that give the Depth and The Surreal feeling to an Illustration. By combining the Realistic background, Shadow and an Imaginative story or Situation, you give the Illustration, A Sense of An ALIVE REALITY.
- Apply The Final Textures–The Final step, in the Illustration is adding the Final Brush Strokes and the Paper Texture. Kanga, adds a Scanned photo onto, Photoshop. Then changes the Layer blending Mode, to Multiply. By Adjusting the Colour Balance, You can Control how much Texture, you want to Show in the Art Creation.
- Ask for Feedback–The Photographic elements, of the Composition background Colours and Other details, help to provide the Starting point, for Exploring Ideas. Then We can Say, that the Illustration, is an Excellent tool, for Communication. Which Then Encourages People to share their Stories, and to Feel Connected with Each other through this Newer, Art Creation… It is all A Newer Experience, which Recreates our Memories of Places, People, Situations, Emotions and Objects. ( Information in the CB, Creative Bloq, September 22, 2020. )
In Conclusion to this Blog, Photography into Illustration. We can Say that Yes this is a Valid Art Creation Style. Commercial in Nature, used mostly in Marketing and Advertising. The Computer Arts, Cindy Kang makes a good point in saying that Photography, Illustration, is very important for the Commercial, Marketing and Advertising, Experience. This mode of making Art Creating, is Beneficial and Productive. Using Photos and Software, to make the Art Creation in Record time, and with Professional Ease.
Thank you for Visiting My Blog Today.
Remember to Social Distance, Wear Masks, Stay Safe and Be Productive, within Reason.
See You Next Time.